Chile is a country. It’s in South America. There are mountains here. Under the mountains, there is metal. Big companies want to take the metal. They build mines.
On 5th August, there is an accident. Rocks fall on the mine. But there are 33 miners (people who work in a mine) inside. They are 700 metres under the ground. They can’t get out.
The good news:
- The miners have food and water.
- The miners have a telephone.
- They have a television.
The bad news:
- The miners can’t see the sun.
- The miners can’t see their families.
- It can take 3 months before the miners are free.
What do you think about this ?
How do the men feel?
Have you had an accident? Explain it.